Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Academy Award Speech

My absolutely AMAZING husband had juice today! 

I know that doesn't seem like it should be such a big deal, but when you stop swallowing altogether because your entire digestive system has been ravaged by chemo, drinking anything is a victory.  When I cheered for him, he gave me an Academy Award speech where he thanked me, his family, the people who made the apple juice, etc.  One of the things I love the most about my husband is his sense of humor.  He never fails to put a smile on my face, even when he is suffering so much himself.

So he had not one, not two, but THREE juices today AND he swallowed pills for the first time in days.  I think this is a sign that his mouth and throat may be on the mend again.

If only we could figure out the cause of his side pain, we would be headed in the right direction.  But, sadly, he is still limited in mobility.  Any motion other than laying on his back can cause his back/side to spasm and even the morphine doesn't really touch sudden sharp pain like that.

1 comment:

  1. So cute...what a great sense of humor...ya gatta love this guy!!!! as we all do by the way...continue drinking!!!!! Lynda Loland

    ReplyDelete