Saturday, November 29, 2008

Taking Care of Business

I just finished reading The Choice by Nicholas Sparks and have finally stopped crying over an incredibly moving story. One of the reasons that I was so moved by the story is that it discusses the importance of a Living Will. Tyler and I have been talking about all of the paperwork we need to finalize before we get to the really tough parts of his treatment, but it wasn't something I would have thought about before he got sick. I assume many of you are the same way.

While it is incredibly difficult to face the thought of injury or death, it is essential that you talk to your loved ones about your preferences. In the state of Washington, you can even register your preferences online at http://www.doh.wa.gov/livingwill/. If you haven't already done so, I urge you to complete your own Living Will. Talk to your family about what your preferences are and why you feel that way. Make sure you consider how you would really feel if the situation arose that you needed to address your living will. Some of us might actually have to follow these guidelines...

1 comment:

  1. So many tough things to think of..... I hope you guys find some really lovely, gentle days really soon.
    love and light
    Annie

    ReplyDelete