Monday, November 10, 2008

Initial Results of the Throat Scope

The GI doctor says that he sees a sore at the base of Tyler's throat and recommended that Tyler swallow nothing other than liquids for 1 week. I don't know if they can find a way to keep his leukemia under control without the Tasigna or Hydrea pills he has been taking, but I sincerely hope they can find something that will work in IV form without adding too much toxicity to his body.

On a lighter note, I must admit that I enjoy seeing Tyler sedated. The GI doctor came out to talk to us and Tyler fell asleep and started snoring while the doctor was talking. Then he woke up and asked the doctor what happened (just after the doctor had finished his explanation to me). Then he asked me at least a half dozen times what the result was. He should wake up completely over the next hour and will start remembering things then. But I can tell him stories about his wild behavior in the meantime. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Funny how one week can seem like 10 ages under circumstances like this. I hope the doctors find a way to keep Tyler taking his meds to keep the leukemia under control.

    Did he own up to all the wild behavior? ;)

    Thinking of you both so very often.

    love and light
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I can't get Tyler to admit to any of his wild behavior during anesthesia. He keeps trying to pull this "I can not recall" line I hear presidents and stuff use...

    ReplyDelete