Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Packing it On

Tyler has decided that he needs to gain another 30 pounds.  I think he wants to get back to his "fighting weight" from his pre-transplant days, but he still looks pretty good to me.  What do you think?

Tyler actually tells me that his dad and brother have started to call him "Belt Loop" because he had to add an extra notch in the belt to be able to hold his pants up.  He's lean, but not mean!

Thankfully, his appetite is back to normal and he is eating a wide variety of foods again.  A lingering side effect from his many challenges with mucositis is that he strongly prefers moist foods.  I think his saliva production still isn't back to normal, despite the appetizing cooking being produced in our kitchen.  Thankfully, Tyler and Gump have dubbed me the Soup Nazi as a tribute to the many different soups we eat at our house.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'll be happy to take Tyler to the Keg anytime to see him down a 24 ounce Porter....He looks pretty darn good to me, the weight will come back once he starts playing soccer again and gains the muscle strength :)

    Hans

    ReplyDelete