Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Light the Night 2008



On a rainy and somewhat cold evening, my parents and I met to keep the Team Firefly tradition alive. The field where the tents were set up was muddy and soggy, so we didn't spend too much time milling around this year. Added to that, my parents were anxious to catch a ferry at a decent hour, so we started the walk around Greenlake right at 7pm and walked at a decent pace throughout. It was really a treat to spend some uninterrupted time with my folks talking about Tyler's treatment and life in general. I'm so thankful that they were willing to come meet me for the walk.

Our friends Ceci and Darren also invited me to walk with them and their team, which I deeply appreciated. Hopefully the timing will work out better for next year! I'm very close to my goal for this year's Light the Night walk and money I was able to raise for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, so I wanted to thank everyone who donated to my walk and helped me get so close to my goal. Thank you all for your donations and for supporting us in so many other ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment