Monday, April 13, 2009

No News is Good News

Sorry for my slowness in posting, but we've had lots to keep up with recently.

First, some good news that is completely unrelated to CML... My sister, Bonnie, gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Rachel. Bonnie and Joe (her husband) are going to be outstanding parents, so I am excited to see them blessed with a cherished daughter.

Secondly, I'm pleased to report that Tyler's counts have improved. His potassium is back down into normal ranges (4.6 with a normal range of 3.7-5.0), so we are allowed to have mid range potassium foods again. When we got the first list of High, Medium, and Low Potassium food choices, the only protein options on the low potassium list were eggs and pecans. That doesn't really give us many options for healthy or interesting meals.

They have since expanded the list a little bit and, with the addition of the medium postassium proteins, I'm able to start cooking again. I must admit that this probably makes me more happy than Tyler, as I'm a little more passionate about food than he is.

Test Results from Monday:

WBC: 5.68 (3.7-10.0)
HCT: 28% (38-50)
PLT: 74 (150-400)

No comments:

Post a Comment