Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kicking Off Tomorrow

When I say that we are kicking off tomorrow, I'm not talking about a soccer game that Tyler and I will be involved in. While that would most likely be much more fun for us, there is a great deal of excitement and an equal share of nerves as we look forward to the next 3 months.

Tomorrow, Tyler and Scott begin the testing process that occurs before a transplant can take place. We'll be at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) for most of this week, although we don't know all that is involved. I asked the coordinator for more information a few weeks ago and she indicated that we would get a schedule of events tomorrow in our meeting with them. Tyler and Scott both get a physical at tomorrow's appointment, so I hope they have been eating their Wheaties consistently!

Thursday's meeting with the doctor is also one where I hope to more of my questions about the procedure answered. Hopefully the doctor we meet with that day will be accomodating when faced with our questions about the process.

We'll attempt to post what we learn as we learn more, so hopefully we can keep you informed of our battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment