Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Light the Night 2009 Photos


Our 2009 Light the Night team was out in force on Saturday, September 26th.  It was a beautiful evening and an amazing opportunity for us to celebrate how far we've come.  Tyler's original transplant date was around this time last year, so we were focused on the pre-transplant tests and the massive fundraising effort during last year's walk.

This year, I was delighted to celebrate how far we have come!  Tyler is in remission and looking much like his old self.  As promised, I have finally posted a picture of him with his new crop of hair!  He and I carried a Gold balloon at the walk in honor of Cathy Frank, who lost her battle to leukemia several years ago.
We had participants of all ages, which added to my enjoyment of the evening.  Mark and Vicki told their son that he was going to be in the Light the Night "parade" which was just about perfect.


Our team has raised over $4600 so far, which is FANTASTIC!  I have set some personal goals that will prompt me to keep working a little bit longer on my fundraising, so I am going to be sending out some e-mails with more details when I have them.  If you wanted to donate, but haven't you can click here to contribute the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on behalf of our team.  I'm also collecting wine for an upcoming wine raffle, so you can send any spare bottles my way!


Both Tyler and I are appreciative that so many friends and family members were able to join us for a lovely evening walk.  We could not have asked for better weather or better company!

Thanks again to everyone who helped to make the evening a success for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment