Thursday, April 19, 2007

Entry for April 19

Today it has been exactly two months since I was diagnosed with CML. It seems much longer than that, because life seems so normal right now. I had expected it would have taken much longer to feel as well as I do now. The Gleevec is an amazing drug, and it brings me much hope that I will fully recover.

I have been extremely blessed to have Mandy by my side, as she has provided me with her energy and spirit! The only times I feel sad right now is when she goes off to play soccer. I really miss playing soccer, and being with our friends on the field.

My blood counts have been in the normal ranges mostly the last three times. I need to show normal ranges for a couple more weeks before Dr. McGee can scan my spleen and maybe give me the okay to play soccer again.

In the meantime, I really need to get some inspiration to hit the track, stationary bike, and swimming pool as we will be entering a mini-triathlon in June. (3mile run, 1/4 mile swim, and 12 mile bike ride)

Thank you all so much for your caring and prayers. I can feel them with me!

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment