Wednesday, July 6, 2011

6 months gone

It's hard for me to believe that 6 months have passed since Tyler lost his battle with leukemia.  He lives on in the stories we tell and the memories that we treasure.  Recently, I had the opportunity to spend some quality time with many of Tyler's childhood friends and was so thankful to hear them telling jokes about his cross country running prowess.  Apparently, Paul actually beat Tyler in a race and made sure to invite the media to the event.

Life certainly changes as time continues to march on, but I am doing well.  I am a little worried that I won't be able to get enough time in on the soccer field this summer, as my teams aren't playing enough or on the right nights.  :)  I am thankful for the continued friendship of the many friends that I made through Tyler, as well as the new friends that I am making now.  It is strange to restart your life again.

I read an amazing story several months ago about a woman who had lost her grandmother, an avid button collector.  From time to time she would find a button in a completely random place like the bathroom sink.  I thought that was an amazing story and, after much thought, I decided to give Tyler a song that he really loved and consistently made me think of him.  From time to time, I hear his song on the radio and remember that he loves me still. I was quite moved when his song played just before the craft swap a couple of weeks ago.  It felt like he was telling me that he was happy that I doing this fundraising (or maybe just happy that I was giving away some craft supplies).

Thanks to the many people who prayed for me and encouraged me, especially in the first few months when the pain was so much more sharp.

1 comment:

  1. I know I don't know you, but I have been praying for you daily over the last three months. There are no words to make you feel better, but I wanted you to know that reading your and Tyler's story on this blog has made a difference in my life as we have navigated the waters of a CML diagnosis for my husband. Continuing to pray peace and happiness for you.

    ReplyDelete