Sunday, February 6, 2011

Missing my "Dude"

This is the one month anniversary of Tyler's death. 

It's still hard to believe that he is gone, although I feel like I have been learning to live without him a little bit each day.  Some things are definitely easier than others.  Working is usually okay, as I am incredibly busy just keeping up with my day to day tasks. The quiet moments and home routines are the hardest ones, as those were times that I treasured with Tyler.  I miss our personal routines and the little inside jokes that we shared.

A loved one recently admitted that she didn't know if she should bring up Tyler's death when she sees me or avoid mentioning it altogether.  I can't speak for everyone that is grieving, but I prefer it when someone brings it up.  I might be sad or have some tears, but will change the subject if I get too uncomfortable to talk about it.

Also, there isn't a right thing to say to someone who is grieving.  A heartfelt "I'm sorry" or a comment about some way that Tyler touched your life is the most comforting things that people say to me.   I don't have any right things to say in response either, but do appreciate that people care enough to acknowledge Tyler's passing and the void in my life. 

Thanks to the many people who have supported me throughout this battle, and especialy over the last month.  The many offers for evening activities have helped me ease into this new phase of my life.

1 comment:

  1. I think of you every day. I am so sorry that Tyler is gone and I can't imagine how much you must miss him. I look at the picture on the masthead of your blog and really think it captures so much about the two of you. I always think of this blog as a love story and that will never change.

    I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete