Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend Away

Our small Bledsoe contingent strayed away from the compound this weekend for some fun 4th of July relaxin. Mandy, my grandma and I made the trek up to Sequim to visit mom and John and enjoy the comforts of their hospitality. We've had wonderful food, games, golf, sun, and conversation. The day we arrived Mandy and I went to the nearby golf course to play 9 holes, and she caddied for me. I started off triple, double, double bogey and she had a conversation with me about my swing plane being off. The last 6 holes I played at a combined +3 (3 pars, 3 bogey's)......so Im thinking about hiring her permanently!

We've been able to relax for a couple days and get away.......it always feels good to get away for a little while. Last night we went to a friend of their's from church for a barbecue and we had beef brisket, spare ribs, chicken, brats, and oyster's on the half shell. I kindly passed up the opportunity to enjoy the oysters as Ive had a previous negative experience with oysters! I think John had about a dozen and really was trying hard to get me to try. It was a fun time as we had great food, croquet, badminton, and bocci ball. We ended the night teaching my grandma how to play Yahtzee and watching my mom school us with a 400+ point game which included 2 Yahtzee's.

On our way back home today so Mandy can get back to work and I can continue my recovery. I hope everyone is doing great this summer!

Take care,

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment