Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, Tyler

My darling husband was born on Halloween, 45 years ago.  It was impossible not to spend time thinking about him today and yet I am not sure what to say.  I miss him.  He was such a great husband to me and friend to all that knew him.  I miss having him at home at the end of the day.  I miss him helping me keep my busy-ness in check.  I miss being able to cook dinner for him.  Fantasy football isn't the same without his addiction to statistics and his constant need to share the latest stat with me...  That barely scratches the surface, but I'm sad that we have to go on without him in our midst.

One of the things that bothers me is just how young he was when he died.  I guess they tell the truth when they say that cancer is equal opportunity.  I truly hope that we see a change in that during my lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. My prayers are with you. My husband was diagnosed with CML this year, and I was googling CML and came across your blog. I read each and every post. I'm so sorry for your loss, but also, I admire your love and strength through your whole ordeal.

    ReplyDelete