Sunday, September 11, 2011

2 Weeks to the Light the Night walk!

It is hard to believe that we are less than 2 weeks away from this year's Light the Night walk.  As of this morning we had 71 team members on Team Firefly, which is SO exciting!  If you haven't gotten signed up yet, you can join the team at http://pages.lightthenight.org/wa/SeattleL11/mbledsoe_LTN and click on "Walk with Us" at the top of the screen.

Our team has already raised over $12,000 which is fast approaching our total for last year ($16,602).  If we can stay in the top position, we will be the first team to earn the Tyler Bledsoe award for the top fundraising team.  I wonder if we can break last year's barrier before walk night...?

To meet my own fundraising goals, I am hosting another clothing swap on October 2nd at 2:00pm.  This one will feature women's clothing and accessories.  If you would like to join us at the swap, just let me know.  I'll make sure you get all of the details!  Other ways to participate (if you can't join us for the fun):
- Donate your own clothing and accessories
- Make a Yummy Dessert to share
- Invite your Friends to join us
- Donate to our team at http://pages.lightthenight.org/wa/SeattleL11/mbledsoe_LTN

I am looking forward to seeing many of you at the Light the Night walk on Saturday, September 24th.  The remembrance ceremony will start at 5pm, so I plan to be there by then to honor Tyler's memory.  Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment